First Name (required)
Last Name (required)
1. Which point on the number line indicates a number that is less than 9.1 and greater than 6.5?
A. Point R
B. Point Q
C. Point P
D. Point S
2. Which of these numbers is the same as 34,921 rounded to the nearest thousand?
The line graph below shows sales for a local book store over a period of 6 years. Study the graph. Then do Numbers 3 through 5.
3. What was the total in sales for Year 5?
4. In what year did the bookstore have sales of approximately $75,000?
A. Year 3
B. Year 4
C. Year 5
D. Year 6
5. Last month, 5,389 people shopped at the bookstore. What is this number rounded to the nearest hundred?
The table below shows workers' average wage at manufacturing plants in four regions of the country. Study the table. Then do Numbers 6 to 7.
6. What is the average hourly wage this year in the Northern Region?
7. About how much did the average hourly wage increase from last year to this year for workers in the Western Region?
A. $3.00 per hour
B. $4.00 per hour
C. $20.00 per hour
D. $24.00 per hour
Bradley's Furniture is having a spring sale. Study the information in the advertisement. Then do Numbers 8 through 10.
8. Julie decided to buy the living room set using the finance plan. She made a down payment of 5% of the purchase price. About how much was Julie's down payment?
9. Which of these is not needed to find out how much it will cost to finance the living room set?
A. The number of monthly payments
B. The finance charge with each payment
C. the amount of money toward a down payment
D. the number of years the furniture will be owned
10. A competitor of Bradley's Furniture is selling the same 5-piece living room set. The competitor offers customers the following payment option: $500 down payment, then $20 per month for 24 months. What is the total cost of the set?
Each vertex on the figure below is labeled. The length of each side is shown. Study the figure. Then do Numbers 36 through 38.
11. How many faces does the figure have?
12. If segment MO is drawn in the figure, what will be the area (A) of triangle MOP ? (A+1/2 bh)
A. 8 Square inches
B. 12 Square inches
C. 16 Square inches
D. 32 Square inches
13. Which line segments in the figure are perpendicular?
A. MN and OP
B. NO and RS
C. OP and TS
D. QR and QT
A computer program applies a certain rule to any number that the user inputs. A sample of Input and Output numbers is shown in the table below.
14. What rule does the program apply to the Input number to generate the Output number?
A. Multiply by 2.0
B. Subtract by 1.6
C. Divide by 0.2
D. Multiply by 0.2
15. The Robinsons want to plant trees in their yard. It will take about 15 minutes to plant each tree. At this rate, how long will it take them to plant 8 trees?
A. 2 hours
B. 3 hours
C. 1 hour 20 minutes
D. 1 hour 35 minutes
16. What is the value of pin the inequality in the box?
17. Which of these is a true statement about the measure of angle R ?
A. Angle R is greater than 90 degrees
B. Angle R is greater than 180 degrees
C. Angle R is an acute angle
D. Angle R is a right angle
18. What is the name of the figure formed by the intersection of the two quadrilaterals below?
A store manager wants to find out how many people wait in a checkout line at any given hour of the day. The table below shows the number of people who waited in line from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. on a particular day.
19. What was the average number of people waiting in line at any given hour?
20. The salespeople at Jones Computer Center earn a year-end bonus based on the formula b=0.03s + 50, where b is the bonus, and s is salary. If Glenn’s salary is 30,000, what is his bonus?
21. Which of these numbers should go in the box to make the equation true?
22. Which of these phrases describes some of the properties of the number 12 ?
A. A factor of 3 and a multiple of 6
B. A multiple of 3 and a factor of 6
C. A multiple of 3 and a factor of 36
D. A factor of 3 and a multiple of 36
23. Chuck must save a total of $180 for a new bike. So far he saved 4/5 of the amount. How much money has Chuck saved for his new bike?
24. Connie is a nurse and works a 12-hour shift. If she has worked 4 hours, what fraction of her shift does she still have to work?
25. A local sporting goods store wants to know which products customers would like to see on sale more often. Which of these sample groups would give the store the best data?
A. Parents who brought goods for their children at the store
B. Baseball fans throughout the area
C. Customers who purchased sale items only
D. Randomly samples customers at the store